Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) is a treatment procedure that uses a tool to locate and treat soft tissue dysfunction.
What is instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization?
Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) is a technique that uses instruments to break down scar tissue from injured soft tissue to facilitate healing. Physical therapists use specially designed instruments to detect and treat fascial and myofascial restrictions, scar tissue, fibrosis and chronic inflammation. Our therapy instruments of choice are HawkGrips
What are the benefits?
In addition to promoting healing, IASTM allows physical therapists to locate and treat tissue dysfunction more easily. IASTM, as part of a treatment plan, can decrease pain, increase range of motion, shorten rehabilitation and stimulate the body’s healing response again.
What IASTM of HawkGrips can assistant in treatment of
- Achilles Tendinosis/itis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cervical Sprain/Strain (Neck Pain)
- IT band Syndrome
- Lateral Epicondylitis/itis (Tennis Elbow)
- Lumbar Sprain/Strain (Back Pain)
- Medial Epicondylitis/itis (Golfer's Elbow)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (Knee Pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot Pain)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinosis/itis (Shoulder Pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Shin Splints
- Trigger Finger