Aquatic Physical Therapy (Mebane Clinic only) sessions are one-on-one with a licensed Physical Therapist or Physical Therapy Assistant. The water creates a virtually weightless environment and gives you just the right amount of resistance in all ranges of motion.
What are the benefits?
Aquatic Physical Therapy can help you:
- Strengthen and tone muscles.
- Decrease swelling-water exerts four times more pressure than a compression bandage.
- Increase circulation.
- Improve your range of motion.
- Enhance your balance and coordination.
- Strengthen your lumbar area
Conditions effectively treated through aquatic therapy:
- Neurological disorders
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Sports/orthopedic injuries
- Osteo and rheumatoid arthritis
- Lower extremity joint replacement or fractures
- Lower back pain, and knee pain
- Trauma and sports injuries
- Difficulty walking/balance deficits